Registering for Tax

Once you have formed your new company you or your tax agent are obliged to inform revenue and register for tax. In order to register for tax you must have a Companies Registration Office (CRO) number issued by the CRO.

An online application must be submitted to revenue through their online system ROS. You must submit one of the following forms:

  • Form TR2 for Irish resident companies
  • Form TR2 (FT) for foreign companies.

If you submit a paper application when you should have submitted an online application, it will not be processed. The paper copy will be returned to you with an instruction to complete the registration process through ROS.
The TR2 forms can be used to register for

  • Corporation Tax (CT)
  • Employer Pay As You Earn (PAYE)
  • Value-Added Tax (VAT)
  • Relevant Contracts Tax (RCT)

Once your company has been registered, you must file all payments and returns online through ROS.
You will be given a new Tax Reference Number to use when trading and filing your tax returns.

If you would like NKC to assist you with this process or to act as your tax agent please do not hesitate to contact us.

Contact Us